Size (h x w), Language
12.5 x 9.5", Italian
This advertisement announces the construction of Pirelli’s 1956 new corporate office building in Milan, where Pirelli’s first factory was once located. Italy’s first skyscraper, the “Pirelli Tower” or “Pirellone” developed by architect Gio Ponti, with the assistance of structural engineers Pier Luigi Nervi and Arturo Danusso was a symbol of contemporary Milan and Italy’s strong economic development. The three colorized floor-shapes are a stylized representation of Ponti’s original graphic identity used to promoted the building.